IMswimmer is a tool for parents, swimmers and coaches to easily access a swimmer's times and cuts.
Ever spent forever looking for a times standard?
When I was 14 and wanted to find out how much time I needed to drop for each event, I had to look at 3 different PDFs (Motivational Times, TAGS, Sectionals) and find the age, gender, and stroke AND know my current time. My dad had to manually insert them into a spread sheet, which had to be manually updated.
Now it's as easy as typing your name!
IMswimmer now makes that task a lot easier.... And automatic.
- Type in a swimmer's name! i.e. "John Smith" and hit search!
- Hit Search and please be patient! It takes some time (up to 20 seconds) to load from the Official USA Swimming SWIMS database.
- If a middle name is needed, the website will tell you "not specific enough" and ask you to choose the swimmer's full name, then click "Search with Middle Name"
- Once the page has loaded, make sure the Age and Gender of the swimmer is correct (click "not correct" to edit)
- Voila! See all the events that swimmer has swam in the past 3 years and the time standards they need to swim.
- Click "Time Difference Mode" to see how many seconds they need to drop to get their next cut.
Note to parents of younger swimmers: While "Time Difference Mode" is really helpful, please understand that time drops are always harder than they appear. Trying to drop 2 seconds from a 50 free is very, very hard!! (Trust me I know) compared to 2 seconds off a 500 free.
Thanks! And please spread the word!
Comments/Questions/Errors? Contact Kevin Fang